Friday, July 7, 2023

Not too motivated today.........

 I was gung ho with company coming but now that they're not I got lazy! LOL!  Nothing like company to get your cleaning mojo on!  I did spread 3 more bags of mulch, watered, and burned some papers.  I came in as it was getting hot out there.  Friday is usually craft day so I started sewing block #5 but I messed up and didn't realize it until I had sewed 8 pieces together...yikes!  It took most of my afternoon to seam rip them, pull all the little pieces of thread out, press and then resew.....there's one that I will have to redo again as it is not meeting in the middle......

I did put the sofa bed back together and I am getting ready to throw a load of wash in.  I think I'll get out the Seeing Stars blanket and work on that or my diamond painting....I sure do enjoy that!
That's about all for today.  I hope you had a good day today.

Happy Trails!!!
 

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Crafting day sure sounds good to me. I'm hoping to get back to the sewing machine tonight. It has been a while, other than making that one small pillow using my cross stitch. Hope you have a nice weekend!

Fiona said...

Hello Sam, those little pieces do look a bit fiddly. I can't answer your comment as email has not come through but thank you so much for visiting my blog. My white work is not hardanger but I think some of the stitches are similar (to be honest I am a learner and don't know the differnces but I think handanger you cut out) Enjoy a crafting day... sounds a great idea..
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Why does it take longer to "undo" our sewing than to sew it up in the first place!!!!!!!! I feel your frustration and annoyance.

Miss Merry said...

Glad you are quitting when you get hot and not overdoing it. It is so frustrating to have to "re-do"!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

My daughter Jen calls it unsewing:) I will ask her did you sew a lot? No I unsewed a lot!

Between Me and You said...

I think it's charming that not all of your pieces are identical. You could call it a design feature!