Monday, July 3, 2023

More yarn? Yes!

 There were a few more colors I needed and they came today.....this is color theory by Lion Brand; a worsted acrylic which to me has more muted colors which I like.  I love color but not really the "in your face" colors unless they're socks and then anything goes.........lol

I finished the Elizabeth Berg novel I was reading and it was very good.  Her books are really different.  They're not real dramatic and they're not a mystery but her character development is so good that by the end of the book you feel like they are real people out there in the world somewhere and that you know them.  I promptly ordered another one.  This is a 3 book series so I ordered the 2nd one...I probably should have ordered the 3rd too....duh!

This is serious chore day.....always on Monday because I try to take the weekends off which leaves lots to do on Mondays.  It stormed yesterday around supper time which was nice as I didn't have to water today.  It's nice out today but tomorrow it's supposed to storm again.  I don't do anything for the 4th although I will watch the Public Television celebration.  I watched the Memorial Day one and it was wonderful...very moving...brought me to tears.  Now, it's time to make a dessert and clean the litter box....don't worry....I'll wash my hands before and after both.

Remember...........

Happy Trails!!!
 

 
 

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

What are you going to make with all your new yarn? I have read Elizabeth Berg before and did enjoy her writing.might need to look back into her again. I wish we would get some rain. We are 45 days without any. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the monsoons will come in and give us some moisture.

Jeanna said...

Those yarn colors are so pretty. They have a bit of a fall vibe to them. We are staying home on the 4th as well. I don't have to work at my job but I do need to get some housework done. What's for dessert?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty colors of yarn! Hope you have a great 4th!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Leftycrafter - These colorful yarns are going to be used in the Seeing Stars Blanket.
Jeanna - I have decide on dessert yet...rice krispie treats are easy but then I heard about Sable cookies....I think they are a French shortbread cookie, or I bought some Chocolate Caramel Dulce De Leche baking truffles by Nestle to put in cookies....hmmm...I may have to spin a decision wheel on these choices! LOL!
Far Side of Fifty - I plan on doing some heavy crafting!

Between Me and You said...

Happy Independence Day! x