Friday, July 28, 2023

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

 I don't think I'm alone in the heat department though unfortunately...poor Lefty Crafter in Phoenix....they have the record I think besides Death Valley.  We are 97 feels like 107.  So blessed to have AC!

Today was craft day but I didn't get that much done.  I've been working daily on knitting, rug hooking and crochet but today I finally managed to get some sewing in but not much. 

I did get some treasures today............

They had material for the Iowa Shop hop featuring the Iowa State Fair so I couldn't resist....plus I got the magazine too which had some patterns in it.


I made some lemonade today....it's Summertime so it was time for it!

Happy Trails!!!


5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You made me jump right to the internet to make this 20+ year 4-H advisor look for that fabric! It's gone! There must be an awful lot of sewers and quilters who appreciate the Iowa State Fair! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Betsy said...

I enjoyed the fabric from the State Fair. Piper has a bunch of things in the fair this weekend at the Washington County fair. She has the fashion show I talked about in my blog, her rocket that landed in the trees, a sunset photo that she took from the plane and chocolate chip cookies. All done through 4-H. This is her second year and she's had a blast preparing for the fair.
It was 114F with the "feels like" temperature. I'm done. I am SO VERY grateful for air conditioning. I finished one of the sweaters for the wedding and knitted all of the parts for the second one. I went to sew them together a few minutes ago and I did something very wrong in the knitting of the neckline so I put it down for the night. I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. :-)
Try to stay cool.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Your magazines look so interesting. Ours seem so bland, except maybe the artisan craft ones which are very expensive! thank goodness for your air conditioning. I'd be a puddle on the floor in those temps!20degrees Celsius is quite enough for me thanks!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That looks like way cool fabric!! Fun stuff!

Jeanna said...

The heat has been just horrible for just about everyone. We've had mild temps here in the mountains, and we are very grateful for it. The state fair fabric is cute. Do you already have plans for it?