Tuesday, July 25, 2023

It's about time!!!

 I've had some chores on my list for awhile and I keep "forwarding" them to the next day, the next week, and yes, sometimes to the next month!  But finally today I took everything out of my bathroom cupboard and cleaned it, and everything in it.  Then I laid shelf liner down and put most things back but also threw out some things.  The hard part is getting down on the floor and back up again and trying to reach way in the back of the cupboard.....when did these things become such an issue?  It's like it happened overnight!

Well, I eventually "got 'er done" and it is a nice feeling that even though I struggle and it takes me twice as long as it used to....it is done and looks nice!  



I always save containers and use them for separating items.  They come in handy and most times I don't need to go buy them at the dollar store.

Yesterday was Jim's "anniversary" of his death...4 years.  It was time to spin the wheel to see what XS I would work on this week and lo and behold Jim's popped up again!  It's fine because I really enjoy working on it.

I ordered some Christmas items today and also my Tim Horton coffee and that furniture polish for the cupboards.  I watered early and did the rest of my chores before starting on the cupboards.  I did take breaks. I knitted a few more rounds on the Snowy Owl, and did a few rounds of hooking on Star #2.  I've been having fish fillets for supper with mashed sweet potato....I enjoy them both.  

I'm now reading Joy School for my non-fiction book by Elizabeth Berg.  I'm still watching Natalie's podcasts called Knitty Natty.  I really enjoy her and the projects she works on.  She knits and crochets.

That's all the news that's fit to print!

Happy Trails!!!


7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Look how nice your drawers and cabinets look with the liners. I bet you feel accomplished with that job off your to do list. Death anniversaries are always hard no matter how long it has been. Now I need to go and look up the coffee you mentioned. Never heard ofnit before.

Between Me and You said...

My neighbour gave me one of those grabber things when I broke my ankle and couldn't bend down to pick things up. It's been invaluable and it reaches quite far. Great result on your cabinet. Sad anniversary, so sorry.

Jeanna said...

Sending you virtual hugs and support during this anniversary.

Your cabinet organization looks great. I use containers for that purpose as well. Sounds like you had some fun creative time as well.

Cousin Kay said...

Yes, virtual hug. If we didn't feel grief, it would mean we didn't care and that would be worse.

Betsy said...

Your cabinets look great Sam! I love the liner you put down, it's so cheery. I'm sorry about the sadness of the day, but you have loved your son well. I can't imagine the pain that you feel all year round, but especially on the anniversary.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Thinking about your son today, virtual hug. I am glad the cross stitch has become comforting.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I know it is a sad week for you, be kind to yourself. Hope you are staying cool there:)