Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I'm a happy hooker!!!

 I got some wool cut and away I went.  I didn't get a lot hooked as I had other things to do today but it was fun and my new hook works great.

I'm loving doing it and also the looks of it........I'm hoping to do some more tonight.....the long loops are the beginnings and the ends of one strand of wool.  They will get trimmed later.........

The reason I couldn't hook all day was because I had things I had committed to do...promises to myself.  First, I got the Cologuard taken care of and my pharmacy is a UPS drop off/pickup place so I just had to run it uptown.  I didn't need to water as it stormed last night.  It's raining again now which has really kept the temps in  the  90's instead of the 100's.  It is mighty humid though.  I also needed to vacuum and wash the bathroom floors on my hands and knees which I did.  I ordered knee pads from Walmart!  Two of my favorite cleaning aids (which I did not use today but I have in the past) are Krud Kutter (at Walmart) and a denture brush.  They are great for tight spots and corners and the Krud Kutter makes it melt away and of course, the brush can get into tight spaces.  Krud Kutter is not harmful either.

After the floors, I laid down the rugs I washed yesterday and then made potato soup.  Yes, I practically live on that stuff but I don't get tired of it.  I also eat sweet potatoes, and scrambled eggs and avocados, and of course jello and canned fruit. 

I made the Snickerdoodle bread and it took 60 minutes to cook not 40 and the cinnamon chips don't melt which had me worried but it hasn't bothered me.  It is good but I'd like to find a recipe without those chips. 

That's all for today.  Supposedly I will get the results from the Cologuard test in a couple weeks.  Now, I'm going to go hook some more!

Happy Trails!!!


5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hate all dayers...I had a twenty minute nap today....and it felt good:) Good to hear you got the Cologuard done!

Susan said...

I had to google a Colonguard test - it is what I thought it was - we have Bowel Screening tests. Good luck with a Pass for that!!!
Snickerdoodle bread and cinnamon chips are also interesting terms...I am sure we Aussies have many "weird" things to you too.

We have been hearing about your extreme weather - hopefully it cools down soon.

Betsy said...

I like the way your hooky project looks too. Looks like fun! I've always liked potato soup, especially. my MIL's recipe. Of course she doesn't remember it now, but always orders it if it's on the menu when we take her out.
Good for you in getting everything done you wanted to.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Had to look up cologuard. Didn't know you could do that stuff by mail. Interesting. I never nap but today was awake at 3 and out of bed at 4:45 a.m. so by 7 I was feeling it -- took a 2 hour nap. Whoops! Wish I could get some of that Krud stuff -- everything they sell here is pretty toxic and the tiles in the bathrooms and kitchen could use a good cleanngi since we've been in the same place for 23 years. Happy hooking.

Jeanna said...

The title of this blog post made me laught. Your 'hooking' looks great so far. I've never heard of Krud Kutter but thanks for mentioning it. I want to stay ahead of the crud before it starts to build.