Thursday, July 13, 2023

I messed up my blogging streak!

 I  remembered to blog after I was in bed last night so it did not happen.  I was tired.  It was grocery day yesterday. After I got all the groceries put away I ordered some rug hooking supplies and researched and called around looking for a place to enlarge some rug patterns.  I finally found a place over in Highland on  the other side of Walmart.....down the road a piece....lol!  I don't need them now but I will.  I did some cleaning, found a big basket to put  my blanket project in and gathered some materials for another project.  That was yesterday.  This morning a heavy duty storm woke me up at 3:00 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep plus I love a good storm so I got up and made my coffee, lit a candle and went back to bed to journal.  It was so cozy and no loss of power which was good.  Right now it is 95 but feels like 108!  That's the weather people saying that not me.

It was another busy day.....I  made cinnamon crescent rolls and a pot of potato soup.......

the soup is yellow because I use powdered chicken bouillon..........

I'm continuing to work on Jim's cross stitch piece when I take a break.  I made out bills today and did some laundry.  I still need to place an Amazon order since the grands and Amy aren't coming and they all have birthdays this month.  Plus, it's Amy and Tracy's wedding anniversary today....don't ask me how many years but it's getting up there.  I got them some garden lights they've been wanting.

I've become addicted to watching Coast Guard Alaska on You Tube.  I remember years ago I got hooked on watching Ice Road Truckers.....whatever happened to them I wonder?  Actually, Coast Guard Alaska is much better.

That's all the news that's fit to print except I am holding off on my Cologuard because they're saying UPS, which is how they want me to ship it to them, is probably going on strike!   I have some "treasures/supplies" coming too so I hope they  make it to me before the strike happens.  I don't care about the Cologuard...lol!

Happy Trails!!!


 

6 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes you have to mail that or call for a pick up and they only want it sent on specific days:)

Leftycrafter said...

You did have a very busy Wednesday. You must have a bucket full of humidity to have that kind of heat index. Yuck.

Jeanna said...

I stalk your blog for a post LOL. Better late than never, I say. (Of course "I" would say that!) I still haven't made the soup because it hasn't been soup weather by hubby's standards. Then, he saw I had printed the recipes you shared and is now ready for some potato soup. Also, our Ingles food store didn't have the baking truffles but I'm sure our Publix or Walmart will have them.

Miss Merry said...

Whew - that is HOT
We had a nice rain last night - loud enough I could hear it over the ac and ceiling fan, lol. I love snuggling under the covers and listening to it on the roof. It's one of my favorite things.
Your soup sounds good. I like hot things in hot weather (I know, weird). I drink decaf coffee in the afternoon and people think I am crazy.

Betsy said...

It's hot here too, but not THAT hot. It's miserable though after being in the mountains with none of that icky stuff. Those cinnamon rolls look delicious and I wish I could come share one or two with you and have a good chat.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

FSOF - Yes, it is quite the procedure!

Marsha - yes BIG humidity and dew point but I get up early and go out early to water, burn and weed and pretty soon I'll do some painting, and it's not a problem but sure glad I have someone mowing my lawn. I can't take that in the heat anymore.

Jeanna - I got the truffles at Walmart.

Miss Merry - I love listening to the rain except it has to be practically a tornado before I can hear it in this house! I should have gotten a metal roof!
MY Dad built this house and it is really well insulated! I can barely hear thunder and that's without any house noise! I love a good storm!

Betsy - I wish I could be outside more...I will but not until November when it finally cools down! LOL!