Saturday, July 22, 2023

Grandson hit the jackpot!!!

 My daughter had a garage sale and Grayson wanted to have a snack table to sell snacks and get some money for his birthday party.  He wanted to treat his friends to the Playstation for his birthday on the 26th.  He and Sam both pay for their own parties (although I think their parents donate some too) and pay for their friends too.  They get allowances and they are savers.

Grayson bought the snacks and Amy made some Rice Krispie Treats for him to sell.  He made all the signs and set it all up by himself.  He also had a (HUGE) donation jar (on the right) that stated it was for his birthday party.  Remember that old saying to ask for what you want as you have nothing to lose....well it is true!

Grayson called me last night and he was so excited to tell me that one man gave him $12 for his party and another man (who happened to be an ex-student of my daughter the first year she was teaching) gave him $50!   He was on cloud 9!  He hasn't gotten the money Grandma sent him yet so he'll have plenty for his party! LOL!

Yesterday, I finished one rug hooked star which I will show tomorrow on YOP.  I also cleaned out my bathroom drawers and lined them with Pioneer Woman shelf/drawer liner.  Today I hope to do the cupboard underneath the drawers.  I need to order this furniture polish that my daughter raves about......it's on Amazon


 

  It stormed most of the day yesterday...I loved it!  Today the sun is shining and the heat advisory is gone....only 85!  Yay!

I hope you had a nice week and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

Happy Trails!!!   


6 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Good for Grayson! The Grays were v. entrepreneurial as you know:) And how sweet that he got a big donation from Amy's former student--I'm sure she's a great teacher.

Miss Merry said...

Congratulations Grayson! Great Sales Technique! I bet that smile made buyers donate a little more.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you are proud of him. He had a great idea to provide things that people like and let them know what the money was for. Well done young man! You'll do great in life with a can do attitude!

Leftycrafter said...

Congrats to Grayson! He will go far in life. I am impressed with your diligence to completely cleaning a room at a time. Your bathroom drawers are going to be so pretty with PW liners in them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go Grayson! I think he has a mind for business!

Jeanna said...

What a great idea Grayson had for raising money. I see a very bright and successful future ahead for him.