Monday, July 17, 2023

Busy Monday per usual!

 It was a busy day but a great one!  I watered early as there are heat advisories.  I mailed my daughter a birthday card as her birthday is Friday and there is a gift arriving at her house exactly on Friday too!

I cleaned the bathroom counters and mirrors.  I cleaned the toilets the other day.  I can't seem to do it all in one day.  Tomorrow I'll do the floors.  I shook and washed the rugs from the bathrooms and worked on organizing my wools.  I have some that still need to be cut apart as they are garments  that I got at Goodwill years ago up North.  They've been stored in those vacuum seal bags.

I got my new hook and the 2 rug kits today!  I was so excited!  These are small ornaments or coasters.  I wanted something small to practice on before I try a bigger project..........I think they are so cute!

I also found my rug hooking stand...........the brown material is a cover for the "metal bristles" as they are sharp but that's what holds your rug on tight so you can hook it......

Here's a closeup of those suckers!

I also received my new rug hook today........they look like a crochet hook but are on the end of a wooden handle.  It would be very hard to use a crochet hook I think, although I haven't tried.........I can't wait to get started but I need to read my books to refresh my memory it's been so many years.  I used to belong to the Rug Hooking Guild in Independence, Iowa and I took classes and we went to different events on rug hooking.  I was really getting into it until I moved down here and then I had my Grave's Disease eye problems.  Plus, there are no guilds close to me. 

It was garbage day too and it looks like we're going to get another storm in a little bit!  I love a good storm!

Happy Trails!!!


3 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your rug hook does look like a crochet hook. But, the handle looks a bit more comfy for hooking a rug than a regular crochet hook would be. Cute kits you got to remember how to hook.

Jeanna said...

I've yet to figure out my new cleaning routine. I feel like I am all over the place. Those metal bristles look vicious. Can't wait until you get started with these projects, since I have taken up this craft...yet LOL.

Betsy said...

That rug hooking frame looks scary! Be care and don't poke yourself. Yikes! The ornament kits are really cute though, especially the snowmen.
I haven't come up with a cleaning routine either since we moved. It's hard having another person who likes to go, go, go. Before he retired, I had certain things I did each day, Monday-Friday. The whole house would get covered, except for the deep cleaning that was done less often. I haven't gotten that same coverage figured out since we moved to Omaha and we've had three homes in that time. It's clean, but kind of in a hodge podge way. No particular day for each thing so I can feel I accomplished my daily goals and then I'm free to craft.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy